Aimclear is dominant in audience targeting and customer acquisition. We build, track, and convert laser-focused audience segments, seeing targets through to conversion via omni-platform cookie pools, segmented by audiences. The agency drives web traffic and tracks merged social psychographic/search personas. Because Aimclear also distributes to influencers for buzz, links, and earned-media, the agency has evolved to be the missing link unifying search, social, PR and psychographic display.
Because it’s such a rocking place to be and grow, we’ve built an amazing collection of people who love working together.
A number of our team members are fixtures on the international conference circuit from London to New York, Jerusalem to San Francisco and Warsaw to Dallas. Aimclear thought leaders have appeared in front of hundreds of international search & social marketing conference audiences since 2007.
We invest in each employee’s personal brand to the greatest extent possible. Aimclear is proud to have supported team members building their personal brands, intrinsically steeped in each person’s deepest goals and dreams. As a result, we bring our whole self to work because each staff member knows he or she will leave at the end of the day with more than they came, in exchange for fully sharing their drive, ambition, and talent. This is huge.
We’re known for backing up promises with action, training, and money. We provide motivated employees with stipends to market their personal projects and encourage them to use company human resources and equipment. We find that each team member’s devotion to his or her personal projects daisy chains into passion for our clients’ work. The marketing vocabulary discovered whilst pursuing what matters most to each employee is priceless.
We also encourage our employees to use company assets to support charities that matter to them. For instance, we are major sponsors of the Human Development Center in Duluth, a crucial community resource for sliding-fee mental health services. We are also active in serving local hunger issues by supporting the Damiano Center, a local center that serves people in need in Duluth. We encourage our employees to volunteer at regional colleges and universities to support marketing students.
We’ve sequenced an ambitious three-track Duluth social media marketing conference, “Zenith Social Media Marketing Conference: Tips, Tools, Tactics & Beyond,” and imported a number of our accomplished colleagues to set the speaking roster’s tone. Zenith 2016 will be the 5th annual Zenith conference, and is scheduled for Thursday, April 28th. The conference features an impressive sampling of the illuminating panelists we’ve presented beside at international conferences over the years. All proceeds go to benefit the Duluth Chamber of Commerce’s programs designed to keep local college students in Duluth, working after graduation.
Aimclear places the highest emphasis on culture and creating an atmosphere of respect, love, dignity, human rights, accountability, and natural consequences. Why accept less? We have fine wine tastings. Our office is centered on a Food-Network-caliber gourmet kitchen. We have a washer and dryer so employees can do their laundry at work. Our team often eats breakfast and lunch here, with great food we keep stocked at our expense. We have family-style meals often and hold regular kitchen-table conferences.
We’re also committed to physical health. Our team uses treadmill desks, standing desks, and stationary bikes. We also have mountain tents pitched to grab a nap in, body sculpting classes, a Pilates program and cooking classes.
- Achieve consensus for new hires amongst as many employees as reasonably possible, more than just the immediate team a candidate will work with. Choose teammates you will obviously love to be around. Pay attention to signals.
- Avoid hiring at the rate we can get work, unless the client is so desirable it’s a) worth the noble effort and b) there is a great chance of success. The ideal is to work at the speed we can hire amazing people.
- Understand that luck and the actions of others have as great an impact on the outcome as any personal action. Know that personal action by being visible in the industry and community, offering thought leadership, networking and attending events can manufacture luck. Also, luck requires action to take advantage of opportunities. A key metric for our business is “Return On Luck.”
- We are committed to thought leadership, to sharing what we know with our industrial community so long as doing so does not compromise our business. We blog, present webinars, speak at conferences, undertake illuminating studies, write books, share strategies and tactics.
- Take jobs you can succeed at and don’t kid yourself by taking jobs you can’t win just for the cash. Life is too short.
- Aimclear means “We,” “Us” and “Our,” not “Me, My” and “I.” Period.
- We travel to support our domestic and international work and encourage employees to piggyback vacation time surrounding business trips so that the company pays air expenses.
- Achieve buy-in for the financial and product-development missions. As many of us as possible need to be on the same page: determined and committed to the process. We are committed to being an “Open Book” company — meaning transparency of financials to employees at all levels and a stake in the outcome.
- Be totally willing to change your mind in light of feedback from employees and customers. Face the actual odds. Kick butt. Do personal reality checks often and assess if you’re open-minded enough to truly consider the perspective of others.
- Apologize when you are wrong, and don’t give ground when you are right. Say you’re sorry often. Don’t be codependent when you think you’re right. Keep the slate clean with everyone as if there is not another chance tomorrow. Remember that there will be another chance tomorrow.
- Pay it forward. In the technology space, daily training is crucial. A person can’t live unless their mind is active and questing. This includes systematically gaining the perspective of thought leaders outside our company by daily reading, virtual and live attendance at conferences and specialized trainings outside of Aimclear.
- Hire employees who complement your strengths and weaknesses. Be brutal in your assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. It’s completely essential to understand your own powers and vulnerabilities.
- Be conservative financially. Spend smart money without hesitation. Run with little or no debt. Admit when the investment did not work and cut our losses. Learn from wins and losses.
- Never allow customers or vendors to treat your employees badly. If they do, fire them. Always have your employees’ backs. Don’t accept behavior from clients that drains life’s-energy.
- In the technology business, you can’t have customers unable to understand and implement your team’s recommendations. Be real in assessing potential clients’ ability to handle our counsel and communicate the reality to the client in as nurturing a message a possible.
- Don’t try to be something you’re not. A company has to be Aimclear’s size before it’s reasonable to take on areas of expertise not core to the founders. Teach your teammates what you personally know, slowly expanding our knowledge base with the addition of specialized employees. Pass your personal knowledge on to the next generation unselfishly. We will support our team in learning specific methods and tactics to pass their knowledge along.
- Customer service is everything. Provide both clients and our Aimclear teammates proactive and empathetic customer service. Spell out expectations as detailed specifics as written policy.
- When employees struggle, personally or professionally, we work them with from a place of patience and compassion. We provide specifics, training and coaching. We operate within ethics and the HR law. If Aimclear is not the right place for an employee, we know that we’ve tried everything possible personally and as a team to help them succeed.
- Place the foremost emphasis on culture, fun and gorgeous space. Nurture the whole employee and human needs.
- Manage like you are dying. Be determined to leave this earth with all emotional and personal ledgers even.