A Holiday Gift of Dolphin Song, from aimClear

By

aimClear

dolphin-picture

Download Song: The Gift
In 1993, I composed and released 2 CDs blending early digital recordings of dolphins communicating, ocean soundscapes,  ambient habitat, acoustic grand piano, global percussion and my favorite pop/jazz musician friends in Minneapolis. Having just enjoyed (mostly) a couple of years songwriting for PolyGram International Publishing, “Dolphin Dreams” and “Dolphin Serenade” marked my entre’ on the national scene as a solo “new age” recording artist.

It was absolutely spiritual, recording dolphins in the semi-wild and humane captivity.  My most incredible memory from that era was the privilege of being present during a live dolphin birth, hydrophone in the water and later orchestrating the birth playing grand piano, whilst looking over Boston’s skyline from the studio.

The products, sold in gift shops and retail giants like Target, were really successful, part of a 75+ product  label that sold 20 million CDs aggregate and turned into a very lucky ride for me. For about 5 years, it was literally impossible to travel anywhere in the world without seeing one of my 5 NorthSound CDs. Once I climbed Pike’s Peak in CO and found my dolphin CDs in the interpretive gift center.

In many ways the experience represented musical goals reached after a decade of hard-living playing rock bars,  aircraft carriers (USO entertainer) and recording bigger name jingles. The years 1993-1998 were truly peak, setting the stage for my search marketing career and aimClear.

In 1998 came the third NorthSound Dolphin CD, “Dolphin Dance.” That project featured a song, recorded the previous year on the stately grand piano at Glensheen Mansion here in Duluth, called “The Gift.” More than a decade later, it still gets radio play from the album on which it was initially released, “Christmas at Glensheen.”

“The Gift” is our gift to you this Holiday Season. Thanks to my family for putting up with my blogging lifestyle. :) Thank you to our clients, vendors, staff and other friends & associates. Peace on Earth, good will to men and women.
Download Song: The Gift

-->

1. Kat on December 25, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Marty-
    Thank you for this gift and sharing your talent. The song was absolutely beautiful…now I’ll have to purchase a couple of your CDs…but not from iTunes ;-)
    Happy Hanukkah!

2. Marty Weintraub on December 25, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Thank you Kat. I appreciate the kind words. Yup-I just found out that a company in Manchester England is selling “Dolphin Serenade” on iTunes without paying me residuals or having up to date permission to do so.

3. Mike Marshall on December 26, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Nice Song Marty – You are quite the Renaissance Man. And it looks like you are revealing more of your Musical past to your
    Search Marketing friends lately. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy holidays.

4. Marty Weintraub on December 26, 2008 at 1:01 pm

@Mike Marshall: Thank you for the kind words Mike and Happy Holidays to you, friends and loved ones. :)

5. Kim Krause Berg on December 27, 2008 at 12:20 am

I’ll be darned! I’m a dolphin fanatic! As in, if I could, I’d be reborn as one. Everyone in my family knows how much I love them. Of the dolphin stuff in the house, one is a handmade drum hand painted by a local artist of swimming dolphins. It plays a beautiful bold sound. I’ve even brought it out to play with the kids playing Rock Band!

It wouldn’t surprise me if I’ve seen your name before :)

Thank you for this wonderful gift Marty!

6. Marty Weintraub on December 27, 2008 at 1:45 am

Kim Krause Berg: Kim, I’m so delighted that we have this in common and glad that the gift resonated. Let’s discuss it next time we’re @ the same conference and thanks sharing here.

7. Victoria Blood on December 28, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Thank you so much, Marty, for sharing this song. I just discovered your music a couple of days ago while searching for music on Amazon. I immediately bought your two out-of-print dolphin CDs after sampling Dolphin Serenade on iTunes.

Two years ago, I moved away from the ocean. I now live in a forest in the mountains, which is tremendously beautiful, but I miss the sounds of the ocean. Your music brings me right back there. Thanks for this gift.

8. Marty Weintraub on December 29, 2008 at 10:59 pm

@Victoria Blood: Thanks for your kind words. I just learned about the iTunes availability of “Dolphin Serenade.” I’m sad because they have been selling it without distributing royalties. I’m going to pursue it legally.