The SES San Jose “sponsored” Google session featured Avinash Kaushik, Author, Analytics Evangelist, Google and Tom Leung, Business Product Manager, Google Website Optimizer. Both gentleman gave terrific presentations.
In particular, scattered amongst the screen shots of how to get the most out of your Google Analytics, lay a number of plug ins and reports that you probably didn’t know about:
1) A script which integrates Google Analytics with Google Docs: http://bit.ly/gadocs
2) A plug in to show raw numbers in GA not just percents http://bit.ly/gagoals
3) A plug in that allows you to see same reports for different profiles http://bit.ly/gatabs
4) Your new BFF, a What’s Changed report which tells a) which referrers have sent most traffic in last few days and b) which have sent most traffic where they never did before http://bit.ly/gaiceberg
5) The Google Trifecta – a YouTube Video that teaches how to use Google Website Optimizer, Webmaster Tools, and Google Analytics to get a comprehensive understanding of your visitors and improve your web pages.
6) If you want to become a Website Optimizer Partner http://www.google.com/websiteoptimizer/partnerinfo.html you get
- elevated technical support
- co marketing
- listing on website
- opportunity to be highlighted in website optimizer blog
7) New product updates:
- Combinations report used to send traffic equally to all pages. Google has now found that if it’s unlikely to be the winner you can now “prune” traffic to combinations that you don’t like. Can also unilaterally remove tests. The more you prune the more traffic goes to the rest of the tests which means that you can complete the test faster.
- Improved report’s: color coded confidence intervals, color coded conversion rates, and a winners box
- Added off line validation for A/B tests (if you page is not accessible then you can click to see)
Jennifer Osborne is VP Business Development for Search Engine People a Toronto SEO Company