aimClear Expands to Historic Duluth Site

By

aimClear  /  Analytics  /  Duluth

[Now moved to the Paulucci Building 7/1/09]  Originally the Duluth Public Library, The Carnegie Building is monumental in it’s grand neo-classic design and venerable Presence on the Duluth, MN skyline. Constructed in 1901 & 1902, after a generous gift to the city by Andrew Carnegie, the 5 story high 40′ diameter rotunda has been meticulously restored to it’s stunning gold-leaf & oak grace by a consortium of personally-invested family owners.

carnegie-building-duluth-1

After the present-day Duluth library was built on Superior St. downtown, The Carnegie Building barely avoided demolition in the late 1970′s. Then, concerned Duluth preservationist instigated a coordinated lobbying effort to save the landmark. The building was neglected and fell into a state of crumbled disrepair.

carnegie-building-duluth-2

Following a large private investment, the building, beloved by generations of Duluthians, was placed on the National Register of Historic places and distinctive offices were created while preserving the structure’s historic character.

carnegie-building-duluth-3

If you’re ever in Duluth, Minnesota please stop in for a cup of cappuccino, Cabernet, or an air hockey game…or 2…or 3 :) Our whole staff wishes to thank John Goldfine (and ZMC’s entire crew) for graciously hosting our company through exponential growth in the Palucci Building complex for all of 2007. We’ll miss you guys.

carnegie-building-duluth-4

-->

1. MikeMarshall on January 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm

It looks awesome Marty. It’s great to see aimClear having such success. No doubt due in large part to the Cabernet and Air Hockey.

2. Marty Weintraub on January 7, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Thanks Mike. I hope you get up here for some Lake Superior sea kayaking, ice fishing, or WCHA UMD Bulldogs Hockey sometime.

3. Chris Dohman on January 7, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Looks great Marty. Will have to check it out my next time through Duluth.
    Congrats!

4. Marty Weintraub on January 7, 2008 at 11:02 pm

@ Chris: Stop by any time. Let us help coordinate your activities while here in Duluth or heading up the short. You’ve got a friend in Duluth! :)

5. Tim Nash on January 8, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Do you have a floor plan? I love these style buildings it brings a whole new meaning to open plan offices ;)

6. Marty Weintraub on January 8, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Tim,
    I’ve asked the building owners if they have a floor plan in electronic format and will let you know. :)

7. Matt Keegan on January 10, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Marty, the building is beautiful. I am a fan of classical architecture as I find most modern buildings to be cold and lifeless. It is wonderful to see historic buildings used for modern purposes instead of discarded or neglected.

8. Marty Weintraub on April 23, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I already know I’ll miss this place. EXCITED about new space :)

9. Steven C Anderson on April 23, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Congrads Marty,

You know how much I love big funky old spaces !
    I think I need to head North soon !
    Steven C