Official Twitter Contest Rules, SMX Advanced, June 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) Contest period: June 11 through June 12, 2013.
2) Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, who are the older of 18 years of age or at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of entry. Winner must have a) a Facebook company page which follows Facebook’s terms of service, b) temporarily authorize two (2) aimClear email addresses are page admin and c) a blog. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest by visiting the aimClear booth on the SMX Advanced Expo Hall, take a picture inside in the aimClear tent and tweet it including “cc: @aimClear (entry). Limit one (1) entry per person.
4) Prize, Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) $1000 of Facebook paid organic social content distribution plus up to 4 hours of aimClear management time to manage the content. aimClear shall not provide creative or other consulting services in conjunction with the Prize. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by aimClear. Prize must be used within 45 days of announcement of the winner. Winner is responsible for applicable federal, state, local, and municipal taxes (if any) and all other costs and expenses associated with their prize not specified herein as being awarded. No transfer, resale, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winner. aimClear reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value for any reason should all or any part of a prize become unavailable for any reason. aimClear shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or business injury, in connection with any prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any person’s participation in the Contest. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the aimClear to use winner’s names, comments and/or likenesses and photos for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law; and, winner agrees to confirm such permission in writing at aimClear’s request without compensation. aimClear will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of the Contest or the awarding and use of any prize.
5) Random Drawings: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on June 14, 2013 from among all eligible entries received from 12:00 a.m. PT on June 11, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. PT on June 12, 2013. Odds of winning depend upon number of entries received.
6) Winner Notification: aimClear will make three (3) attempts to contact the potential winner via Twitter within 24 hours from the time winner selection was accomplished. If aimClear is unable to reach a winner within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected, time permitting. Winner does not need to be present for the drawing.
7) Verification: All potential winners are subject to verification by aimClear, and verification of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. All entries submitted become the sole property of aimClear. In no event will aimClear be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. aimClear assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering the Contest.
8) General Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and aimClear. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of aimClear. aimClear is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Contest or by any human error or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. aimClear is not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by aimClear on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet. aimClear reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify all entries of any
individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, AimClear reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. aimClear’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the aimClear which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then aimClear reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winner(s) for affected drawing(s) from among all eligible entries timely received for such affected drawing(s) prior to aimClear’s action or to otherwise make the prize(s) for such affected drawing(s) available to be won in a manner deemed by aimClear in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by aimClear will be posted on www.aimclearblog.com. By participating in the Contest and accepting a prize, the entrant agrees to hold aimClear, its affiliated companies, agents, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize and Releasees will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property damages sustained, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
9) Governing Law & Venue: Any and all disputes relating to the running of the Contest in the U.S. will be resolved in the appropriate courts in St. Louis County, State of Minnesota To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts; waive any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or like right; agree to bring any action regarding the Contest individually (not as part of a class action); and agree that their recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Contest (if any) and waive any and all damages (including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, consequential or incidental damages) as well as any right to attorneys’ fees. With respect to disputes in the U.S., should there be any conflict between the laws of Minnesota in the U.S. and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the state of Minnesota in the U.S.
10) Winner List: For the names of the winner, available after June 17, 2013 on the aimClear.com website or by contacting aimClear directly by mail at the address below.
11) Promoter/Sponsor: aimClear, LLC 9 W Superior Street Suite 200 Duluth, MN 55802