Marty Weintraub +1 Picture

32 Totally Free Google “Search Plus Your World” #SEO Resources

By

Google  /  SEO  /  Social Media

Marty Weintraub +1 Picture

Businesses: Raise your hand if you barely cared about Google+ until your SEO consultant called to say now you just have to. While the disproportionate weight Google is placing on + driven results may be unhealthy for SERPs in the short term, opening a relatively easy + door to bomb Google SERPs serves the function of enlisting SEOs to goad businesses into participating in Google’s fledgling social community.

Google’s strategy is brilliant, sort of like a sardonic dominatrix forcing her ambivalent quarry to capitulate with promises of immediate pleasure, ultimately resulting in long-term frustration for the poor S.O.B. that surrendered. Trust me, it won’t stay this easy to participate your way into SERPs via + as businesses flock to grab their share and mega authority profiles are grown by brand gorillas. Long term, true socialization will likely benefit SERPs. For now, one thing is sure: The SEO world is changing in radical ways. While (of course) we’d love you to hire a specialized consultant to counsel you on what to do next, here’s an awesome start without having to fork over mucho-sheckels. Read on as SEO industry pundits weigh in with gobs of actionable insights and tactics.

Google has tried to go social before. From the ill-conceived “Wave” to the “Buzz” debacle, they’ve failed  and gloriously to impel its throngs of users to take the leap to socialization in a Google environment. Conventional wisdom is that Google users don’t traffic Google to be social. At first, + was interesting but looked like it could be another ho-hum. That’s all changed now. SEOs like you and I are giddy lemmings, flocking and falling all over our feet, telling businesses that they too should participate in the land rush. Sadly, it’s true! “Calling all businesses! For the next 15 minutes Google organic prominence is easier than usual!”

Here are 32 totally free Google Plus Your World SEO Resources. From the greatest minds in the industry to niche trade pubs, have a gander:

Additional Resources, Added “Post” Humously

-->

1. Tad Chef on January 21, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Hey Marty, why not make it 33? [LInked removed, moved to post body]

2. Marty Weintraub on January 21, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Done, by way of this comment. Sorry to have missed this post Tad. Just goes to show that +1 driven SERPS SUCK! :). Also adding the link in the body of the post so you get “credit :)”

3. Tad Chef on January 23, 2012 at 6:12 am

LOL, thank you. No, it’s not SPYW’s fault this time. My blog got pandalized back in October and I don’t rank ever since. In a way I don’t care though. With social search the people who like me will find me. Strangers won’t. Are we connected on Google+ btw.?

4. mike on January 29, 2012 at 1:19 am

(Insert raising of hand) but still not sold it’s going to be enough to make G+ mainstream, time will tell. Thanks for the links Marty and for some great weekend reading.

5. Marty Weintraub on January 29, 2012 at 8:26 am

@Mike: Cool We’re glad the resources will be useful to you. I think for now it’s cheap “SEO” to use Google +. It does not feel like a community to me. I question if it ever will.

6. Sasha Jones on January 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I think with the changes that have take place with google in the last year, this explains a lot. The presence of google+ will evolve and it will be interesting to see how everything else evolves around it especially in Social Media Marketing

7. SEOgear on February 4, 2012 at 6:44 am

Google + released successful – where there’s initiative to Wave, or Buzz. Now we have the whole thing to get to work smoothly, add functionality, but not oversaturated the existing ease of mad ideas.

8. Jacob Stoops on February 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hi Marty, a belated thanks for the link to my site! It is very flattering to have my thoughts on SPYW placed in with such an amazing list of resources.

9. Marty Weintraub on February 17, 2012 at 9:58 pm

@Blair Thompson: You’re welcome. You’re post is deserving. Thanks for stopping by.