Speak, Cover, Teach: aimClear Saddles Up For #SMX Advanced
Well howdy, partner. Say, did you hear the month of May is nearly done? Hard to believe. Especially since here on the North Shore, we’ve yet to break 50°, even at high noon. Here’s hoping June’s our month. Well lookie here… it is our month! And we’re starting it out right, with a pilgrimage westward to Seattle for search marketing event mainstay, SMX Advanced.
The Advanced arm of Search Marketing Expo is not for the faint of heart, nor the rainbow colored pony. She’s a real buckin’ bronco, two days brimming with top-shelf sessions, panels, keynotes & networking events spanning the online marketing spectrum. aimClear is excited to return to the Emerald City to speak, tweet, blog, and mold tenderfoot Facebook marketers into savvy social ad ninjas. Read on for a sneak peek at what’s on our plates next month, at SMX Advanced Seattle. Giddyup!
Speak! — June 8 | Day 2 | 10:30 am PST
Fueled by much coffee and the white-hot energy of finishing his book, Killer Facebook Ads (Wiley/Sybex 2011), Marty will take the stage Day 2 of SMX Advanced to tackle the Wild West of the online marketing frontier. The Facebook Ads, Meet Search Ads panel, featuring fellow speakers Addie Conner, Director of Advertising, SocialCode and Sara Devine, Manager, Digital Media Integration, VW Marketing, Volkswagen of America, will explore the opportunities Facebook Ads represents in terms of penetrating the pre-search cycle. Must-attend goodness.
Cover! — June 7-8 | Both Days | All Day
I, Lauren, plan to burn holes through my fingers with two days straight of live-tweeting coverage from a variety of sessions, and publishing comprehensive write-ups each night from what was learned that day. Here’s a look at what sessions are on the docket:
- 9:00 – 10:15 am | The New Periodic Table Of SEO
- 11:00 am – 12:15 pm | Advanced PPC Analytics
- 1:45 – 3:00 pm | The SoLoMo Revolution: Social Media, Local Search & Mobile Search Collide
- 3:30 – 4:45 pm | Tough Love: Link Building For The Real World Updated 6/7/11: Use Searcher Personas To Connect SEO To Conversion
- 9:00 – 9:45 am | Keynote: Confluence of Social Data & Search
- 10:30 – 11:45 am | Facebook Ads, Meet Search Ads
- 1:30 – 2:45 pm | Yes, Virginia, Facebook Is SEO
- 3:00 – 4:15 pm | Hardcore Local SEO Tactics
Interspersed throughout these sessions, Marty & I will be hitting up various networking events, including the SEOmoz shindig and bing’s In The Park bonanza. Reach out via Twitter so we can meetcha, say hello, high-5, etc.
Teach! — June 8 | Day 3 | 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
More members of the aimClear team, including @MerryMorud & @Matt_Peterson, will join us on the final day of SMX Advanced to deliver aimClear’s rockstar Facebook Marketing Intensive Workshop. Guest presenters Lisa Buyer and Will Scott will be there, too, to share expertise with the crowd for this full-day event. The workshop’s menu features an array of Facebook fundamentals, including…
- Demographic Research & Guerilla Targeting Tactics
- Establishing Facebook Marketing KPIs
- “Buying Friends” and Organic FB Analytics
- End-to-End Facebook Ads
- Community Management Training (from content aggregation to friending to crisis management)
- Facebook SEO and Organic Visibility Hacks
- Reputation Monitoring in Facebook
We’re ready to rock attendees, arming them with deep know-how on tools, tactics & techniques for driving serious, highly-targeting traffic from Facebook, leveraging paid advertising and hooking in free, organic tactics. Want to learn more? Check out the full session description.